Indie Blu(e) Publishing launched in September of 2018 to provide a venue for publishing the type of high-quality poetry, fiction, and non-fiction that the Indie Blu(e) Editors are passionate about. As a micropress, Indie Blu(e) can offer a small, intimate experience where the writer and the editor work in close partnership to create a finished book that makes the writing shine.
Indie Blu(e) Anthologies will be bringing out an Anthology of women who love women in late Fall 2019. The collection will celebrate and articulate attachments and love between women through powerful poetry and art. It will encompess such themes as identity, coming out, friendship, family, love, loss, romantic love, and desire (rather than graphic erotica.)
- The deadline for submissions is June 16, 2019.
- The maximum number of pieces that may be submitted per writer/artist is FIVE.
- Submissions can include poetry, prose, essay, and/or original Artwork.
- Pieces of writing must be 1,000 words or less.
- Please provide your name exactly as you would like it to appear in the Anthology should your work be accepted. Using a pen name or publishing anonymously is acceptable.
- Please provide a brief biography- 75 words or less- to be included in the Anthology should your work be accep
- Writing should be submitted as a Word or PDF attachment. If you choose to submit a poetry meme, the meme must be accompanied by the text in a Word or PDF version.
- Artwork submitted for the Anthology must be able to be reproduced clearly in black and white.
You will be notified if your work is accepted. Please do not consider non- acceptance as any diminishment of your experience, but as with any publishing venture, we must try to fit the individual pieces together into a strong whole.
Submission of previously published pieces is acceptable if you still own the rights to your work.
All contributors will receive a PDF copy of the book.
This is a project fueled by passion, not profit. Indie Blu(e) Publishing will only charge a few dollars above the publishing cost to keep the Anthology as affordable as possible.
Questions? Contact Candice at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support and interest!